Monday 10 December 2012

The Game


As a gamer, it’s the most enjoyable task for me to do when my lecturer asked us to play a game. Inside the Haiti earthquake. Well let’s be honest, it’s not the most enjoyable game that I have played. It depends on my internet connection which makes it really hard to play with the loadings and buffering. However, it taught me something more valuable than playing any ordinary games that I used to play. After playing this game, I finally know the situation at Haiti as I can watch the video, I can decide what to do, I got the picture of what they had experienced. I got a chance to play as a survivor, an aid worker, and a journalist. It's all about making decision in this game. 


Using this to teach writing

There are benefits when we use this to teach students. Learning will become more fun as students will be attracted to the videos shown by the teacher. The will know more about the earthquake in Haiti when they give their full attention to play this game. Furthermore, it will attain a sense of pride to accomplish the game. When students are put in situation where they are having a good time, like playing games, they are more likely to stay to the learning activity longer. This is one of the activity that I can do before I ask them to do writing activity. It is more like a 'starter' for them just to brief them about the terrible incident occurred in Haiti and to catch their attention.

If I'm the teacher I will ask my students to play this game first. I will divide them into groups of three. Group A will play as the survivor, group B will be as the aid worker, and group C will be the journalist. Each group will do an essay based on their character. They have to conduct the essay based on the game that they will play.


No comments:

Post a Comment